Many women may discover during their menopause years, that their skin is losing elasticity and is becoming thinner due to declining estrogen and collagen production. During this time, they may notice cellulite, which is the build-up of fat under the skin, becoming more visible. Collagen fibers separate the underlying fat into pockets between the skin and muscle, creating a dimpled appearance. Between 80-90% of women will experience cellulite to some degree.
Did you know that according to the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health, hormonal imbalances are regarded as the crucial cause of cellulite, and more precisely – too high a concentration of estrogen compared to progesterone? Otherwise known as estrogen dominance. This can happen even as estrogen itself declines during menopause.
Things you can do to reduce cellulite:
- Exercise: Movement will help you reduce body fat. Combine some strength training, aerobics, and moderate exercise such as Yoga and Pilates to tone and sculpt the body.
- Eat a healthy whole food diet and eliminate processed foods.
- Dry Brushing: This will stimulate blood and lymph flow while helping to detoxify the body. Use a body brush beginning at the feet and moving up towards your heart. Do this for about 5 minutes daily. Use either circular motions or long fluid strokes.
- Use coffee grounds as an exfoliant to not only remove dead skin cells but tighten the skin as well. You can use them plain, or mix with olive or coconut oils. Rub into the skin for about 5 minutes and leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- KeraHealth, a company that creates beauty products that nourish from within, has created a wonderful supplement I’ve discovered and have been using for the past few months. It is called Smooth Curves and was created for women who want to reduce the appearance of cellulite, improve the skin quality, and blood microcirculation in their legs, leaving legs looking smoother and feeling lighter. Men can also benefit from all the immunity-boosting, stress adaptogenic, and nootropic benefits contained in the ingredients of Smooth Curves. This is CLEAN BEAUTY! Free of drugs, stearates, trans fats, gluten, lactose, and GMO’s. The fabulous nourishing ingredients include:
SOD B Dimpless, a powerful antioxidant derived from melon clinically proven to dramatically reduce the appearance of cellulite, whilst having immunity-boosting and nootropic benefits.
Supports body functions, the formation of collagen, iron absorption, the immune system. Energy-boosting and important for the maintenance of skin, cartilage, and bones.
Anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory benefits. Supports
the immune system helps repair damaged cells, the circulation of oxygen in the skin, allowing for the flushing of fat deposits that cause cellulite.
Supports cardiovascular health, healthy blood circulation
and elasticity of blood vessels (200mg cacao scientifically proven by EFSA to help maintain the elasticity
of blood vessels). Can reduce tiredness and fatigue, gut health benefits.
A bioactive compound with powerful medicinal
properties: Boosts immune system, anti-inflammatory, and supports healthy cholesterol levels.
Grape Seed Extract
Powerful anti-bacterial, anti-viral and
anti-fungus properties. This powerful antioxidant also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Known to help stimulate the production of collagen
and regulate inflammation levels Hyaluronic Acid helps keep skin moisturized, radiant, and smooth.
Essential for the maintenance of healthy skin, B6 is
thought to have nootropic benefits, supports cardiovascular health, and may reduce symptoms associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Clinical Studies: KeraHealth’s Smooth Curves formula contains ingredients that scientifically demonstrated synergistic action against the 2 main causes of cellulite development. Oh! and they are also finalists for the 2021 Pure Beauty Global Awards!
Use my code: lorraine10 and receive a 10% Discount:
Click here: KeraHealth
Now you’ve got your cellulite toolkit to get you started on looking and feeling MAGICAL!
Go and make it happen!
Cheers & Love & Smooth Legs! XO